HIPAA-COMPLIANT PATIENT ENGAGEMENT
UbiCare's SmarteXp platform is compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
What it means for you and your hospital:
- You can deliver relevant health education by email without separate consent as long as the patient gives you an email address.
- You can easily import a list of patients to give them access to the SmarteXp and receive educational content.
- Patients can opt out and unsubscribe at any time.
According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS):
- Clinical information on patients may be used to target educational communications
- The Privacy Rule allows healthcare providers to use email for communication with patients.