Proposals Deadline: July 19th, 2018
The digital age in healthcare presents new opportunities and challenges for providers looking to engage patients, influence behaviors and enhance the patient experience for better outcomes. A reported 64% of patients rely on mobile devices to manage their health, which creates opportunities for providers to deliver treatment through digital interactions beyond the care facility. The remaining challenge for providers is making each interaction effective.
UbiCare challenges you to help us discover new ways of using smartphones as healthcare management devices. Come participate in our UX/UI Challenge to leverage technology and techniques to achieve effective, compelling and delightful interactions.
A Little About Us
UbiCare, short for ubiquitous care, is a health-tech company specializing in improving care costs and outcomes by activating patients throughout their unique health pathways. We specialize in delivering targeted communications from providers to patients throughout a care episode (e.g., a surgical procedure or having a baby), and seek to raise the bar.
Employ proven research and business uses to enhance or reinvent patient-provider digital connections by reimagining the look, feel and function of each touchpoint.
Inform the development and design of new digital connections (via email, text, web, apps or whatever else you imagine).
Implement winning ideas in the UbiCare platform.
Select one of the provided scenarios in which patients require support. Design a concept that enhances the patient-provider experience for that scenario. Submit and outline your solution as a team or individual. Submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. on July 19th, 2018.
Up to 4 finalists are selected to present their solutions and compete for the grand prize and a consulting contract. Each finalist is awarded $500 in cash and other prizes. Presentations should outline the necessary resources to support solution.
Up to 2 winners are selected to develop their design concepts within UbiCare's systems. The winners are awarded $2,000 and provided a 10-day period to implement their design concepts.
Winners are eligible for an ongoing consultancy contract in the range of $10,000 or more to integrate their solutions product wide within UbiCare's systems. The winners will launch their solution for 200,000 patients who actively use our services each month at over than 100 hospitals.
- Engaging User Experience
- Does this solution captivate the end user?
- Once selected for alpha testing, engagement must be quantified based on the solution. Metrics may include:
- length of user sessions
- page visits
- bounce rate
- app opens
- link clicks
- Market Readiness & Maintenance Requirements
- What is required to develop and deploy this solution in alpha testing?
- What resources are required to maintain/support this solution? Can this solution scale?
- What is revenue potential for the solution?
- Submission Deadline: Thursday, July 19th, 2018
- Announce Finalists: Thursday, July 26th, 2018
- Presentations & Winner(s) Announced: Thursday, August 2nd, 2018
- Alpha Implementation Deadline: Thursday, August 19th, 2018
- Alpha Testing Deadline: Friday, August 31st, 2018
- Beta Testing: September 2018
- Launch & Press Release: October 2018
Questions? Contact Kitzner Vassor, Product Manager.